Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Facebook

St. George Orthodox Maha Edavaka, Konni

A A A

St. George Orthodox Maha Edavaka, Konni the erstwhile St. George Orthodox Valiya Pally, is a Church under the Thumpamon Diocese of the Holy Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.

The Church is situated at Konni (Kozhencherry Taluk, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala State, India) on the Punalur-Muvattupuzha Highway. The Parish, located on a beautiful hillock at the very heart of Konni Town, was established in 1910 in the name of St. George, our Patron Saint.

The main Thronos of the church is dedicated to St. George, and the other Thronoses are in the name of St. Mary, the Mother of God, and St. Gregorios of Parumala.

The Church caters to the spiritual needs of more than 400 Orthodox families at Konni. The Church celebrated its Centenary in the year 2009-2010. In connection with this grand celebration, several colourful events, programmes and projects including social service, educational and philanthropic activities were organized and completed. Some projects are being done now.

more